Bārbele sulphuric spring
There was a small hydropathical establishment near the Bārbele Sulphur Spring already during the rule of the Duke of Courland Jacob.In 1736 the duke E.J. Biron ordered to build a special house where people could take a bath using the water from the spring. In the 18th century it was the most popular mineral spring in Latvia. During World War II the resort was destroyed.Near the spring is a plank- way to draw water.