Bauska Town Hall
In 1609 to Bauska there was granted its seal and it is considered also as the year of granting of the rights of town. In 1615 the Duke Friedrich of Kurzeme granted to Bauska the privilege to construct the Town Hall Building. In the centre of market square there was already a small one-storied Town Hall Building constructed in the end of the 16th century that was now made bigger and higher. After a year the new building was ready for the Town Hall. It was a two-storied concrete building with an archway in the lengthened Eastern end and the tower with dome and steeple constructed in the timber frame and infill construction. Facades were temperately decorated only by volutes in the lowest part of the pediments of triangle type and by corner rustification. In the 17th century Bauska Town Hall Building was the biggest one in Kurzeme.
In the basement of the Town Hall Building there was stored wine, on the first floor there was a flat of the servant of the Town Hall and the pair of scales of the Town but on the second floor – the room of sittings of the Town Hall and the work premises of the Municipality. Bell from the tower announced to the Town the important events.
In the second half of the 19th century Bauska Town Hall did not have funds for the repairs of the Town Hall Building therefore in 1852 there was dismantled the damaged tower, in 1871 there was dismantled also the second floor of the building. The remaining part was reconstructed and rented out for shops.
At the present Town Hall is renovated and in it You can find Bauska Tourism Information centre and exhibition about Bauska Town Hall and "Weights and Measures".
OpenOctober to April: every working day from 9.00 to 17.00; Saturday from 10:00 to 14:00, Sunday - closed
May - September: every working day from 9.00 to 18.00; Saturday, Sunday from 10:00 to 16:00
Museum offers art exhibitions, Tamara Cudnovska's collection of dolls and toys, as well as an exposition on the 20th century history of Bauska.
Rixwell Bauska Hotel ***
Rixwell Bauska Hotel is located in the city centre, close to the road Via Baltica. Approximately 100 metres far from Bauskas bus station. Restaurant, banquet and seminar facilities.
Bistro type cafe in the old town of Bauska for 80 places, banquet hall.