Rundale Palace ensemble – the most outstanding monument of Baroque and Rococo architecture and art in Latvia. The palace was built for the Duke of Courland, Ernst Johann Biron based on the project by architect F.B.Rastrelli during two time periods – from 1736 till 1749 and from 1764 till 1768. Most of the interior decorations were created by the sculptor J.M.Graff and artists F.Martini and C.Zucchi. Three staterooms are open to public in the eastern wing of the palace - the Gold Hall, White Hall and Grand Gallery. The central building is occupied by the Duke’s former living quarters – parade salons and private apartments and the fully restored Duchess' apartments and rooms are situated in the western wing of the palace.
The exhibition halls hold exhibitions of decorative arts, fine arts and culture and history, the Palace hosts an Early Music Festival and concerts of classical music.
Visitors are welcome to see the French Regular Park with a rose garden, the Green Theatre, ornamental parterre and a fountain. In summers the park hosts Garden parties.
OpenNovember - April 10:00 - 17:00
May, October 10:00 - 18:00
June, July, August: Museum 10:00 - 18:00; Park 10:00 - 19:00
September: Museum 10:00 - 18:00; Park 10:00 - 19:00