This memorial site was designed and created by the sculptor Ģirts Burvis, who is also the author of the monument to V. Plūdonis. The total area of the Synagogue garden occupies exactly the same area as the Bauska Great Synagogue. The stone images symbolise the Jews coming out of the church after the service. A symbolic bimah is standing in the centre of the memorial, containing the surnames of the Jewish families who perished in the Holocaust. The Bauska Jewish community was destroyed in 1941 during the German occupation. In the second half of the 19th century, 2/3 of all the inhabitants of the town were people of this nationality.